2 thoughts on “Isn't the gold highest 24K? What does 98K gold mean?”

  1. The highest gold is 24K, and the gold content of 24K gold is 100 %. The purity of the so -called 98K gold is 99.99%.
    The content of pure gold in decorative gold is called "gold" and English is Karat, so it is called K gold. Generally, pure gold is called 24K, that is, the theoretical gold content is 100%. Therefore, 1K means that the pure gold content of gold jewelry accounts for 1/24, about 4.16%. In China, 18K is generally used to inlaid jewelry, so the inlaid of jewelry is relatively high. K gold refers to the alloy of mixing gold with other metals. Clarks is a metering unit of K gold and divides pure gold into 24 copies. According to the gold content in the jewelry, it is divided into different K gold, so 24K refers to pure gold. For example, the gold content of 18K is 18 /24 = 75.0%. Because the gold content of 18K is 75.0%, it is also called 750.
    This information
    . Different purity has different expression methods
    Generally speaking, gold with a purity of 99%is called all gold. This gold will be represented by AU990. Gold with a purity of 99.9%is called thousands of gold, represented by AU999. Gold with a purity of 99.999%is called 100,000 full gold or high pure gold, and is represented by AU99999. In fact, the world's most purity gold is six or nine, that is, the purity of gold can reach 99.9999%, but this gold is usually used as reagent gold. The gold jewelry worn in life generally uses all gold and full gold, and does not use high pure gold as jewelry, because high -pure gold is easy to deform and scratch. There is a saying in China called "Gold is not perfect, no one is perfect", which means that even gold is not pure. In fact, 100%pure gold does not exist. The main reason is that the refining technology is limited, and other substances will be added during the processing of gold jewelry.
    . Main K gold ingredients:
    (1) Yellow K gold jewelry (18K) yellow K gold jewelry (hereinafter referred to as yellow K gold) is a alloy of gold and other precious metals. You can make different K-Gold series jewelry according to the gold content. For example, 18K gold (750 gold) refers to the accessories containing 75%pure gold, the remaining 25%are other precious metals, and the commonly used characters are printed 750 or 18K.
    (2) White K gold jewelry white K gold jewelry (hereinafter referred to as white K gold) is a slightly blue white. For example, 750 white K gold is a alloy of 75% gold and 25% precious metal. The commonly used seal is 750 or 18K.

  2. Pure gold refers to 24K gold, which means that its gold content is 100 %. The purity of the so -called 98K gold is 99.99%
    The pure gold content in the gold is called "gold position", English is karat, so it is called K gold. Generally, pure gold is 24K, that is, the theoretical gold content is 100%. Therefore, 1K means that the amount of gold contains pure gold accounts for 1/24, about 4.16%. There are generally many in my country that use 18K to inlaid jewelry, so that the inlaid jewelry is relatively high. K gold refers to the alloy mixed with gold and other metals. Karat is the measurement unit of K gold. It is divided into 24 copies of pure gold. According to the gold content in jewelry, it is divided into different K gold, so 24K refers to pure gold. For example, 18K gold content is 18/24 = 75.0%, and because 18K gold content is 75.0%, it is also called 750. The differences and ingredients of the main K gold: (1) yellow K gold jewelry (18k) yellow K gold jewelry (referred to as yellow K gold), which is the alloy of gold and other precious metals. According to the gold content, it can be made into different K gold series jewelry. For example, 18K gold (750 yellow K gold) refers to accessories containing 75%pure golden ingredients, the remaining 25%are other precious metals, and the common word prints are 750 or 18K. (2) White K gold jewelry white K gold jewelry (referred to as white K gold), which is slightly green white. For example, 750 white K gold is a alloy of 75%gold and 25%precious metal. The seal is 750 or 18K.

Leave a Comment